When I was in my late teens and early twenties I always wished that some someone would give me some type of guide book. Somehow I made it out of that tumultuous time on my own, but have since crafted a list of tips that I wish I could have told young(er)-me and that I still try to live by today!
1. Be quiet
2. Go a day (or two, or three) without makeup. Take your makeup-less face out into public, let the sun shine on it.
3. When you're bored, anxious or wishing you were somewhere else, take some deep breaths and do your best to enjoy the present moment.
4. Spend some time (outside of the bath or shower) without any clothes on. Be comfortable in your skin... literally.
5. Pray, meditate, and/or be grateful every day.
6. Drink plenty of water.
7. Let go of worry (I can't think of anything more useless).
8. Don't drink when you're upset.
9. Spend time alone. Take a long, hot bath with candles, oils and a nice glass of wine or relaxing tea.
10. Use coconut oil for everything.
11. Send a friend a gift for no reason.
12. Stop wanting what you don't have. Desire is the root form of suffering.
13. Pet dogs and/or cats as often as possible.
14. Eat your vegetables — and a little bit of chocolate and french fries too.
15. Cut your own hair. If you mess it up, you can always get it fixed.
17. Wear clothes that are flattering and comfortable.
18. Find your perfect shade of red lipstick and wear it without any other makeup.
19. Write down your ideas.
20. Walk barefoot in grass.
21. When the sun is shining, stop and appreciate it for a few seconds.
22. Use protection.
23. Move your body. Stretch, dance or run.
24. Learn about the ingredients in your makeup and beauty products.
25. Don't let anyone (especially guys) distract you from your favorite activities.
26. Take your health into your own hands.
27. Eat real food.
28. Call your parents.
29. Remember that everyone around you is doing the best they can with what they have.
Lovelies, what advice would you add to this list?