Thankfully it's not freezing or snowing here in New York, but it IS cold and rainy which is far from my ideal warm tropical weather. Today I decided to take a tropical staycation in my little Brooklyn apartment. Want to know how it's done?
1. Crank up your heater. Okay, so this may not be environmentally friendly or cost effective, but neither is taking a plane ride to a tropical destination. Don't take it to crazy levels, but you want to make things toasty! Toasty enough to...
2. Pop on your bikini. Am I bikini ready yet? Far from it! That's the beauty of this staycation... you're home alone. Throw all f**ks out the window and get to lounging in your tropical gear.
3. Set the tone. Christmas tunes are long gone. It's time to bring on the island vibes! I love putting on this playlist when I'm trying to get in a beachy state of mind.
4. Indulge in some tropical beverages and snacks. Lemonade, coconut water, mango, pineapple, kiwi, banana... okay, I'm making myself hungry!
5. Lounge. Now that you've got all your essentials in order, it's time to kick back and enjoy your "tropical paradise". Turn on all the lights, put on your shades and do a little "sun bathing".
Lovelies, would you take a tropical staycation?