Mental Floss did a spotlight on 7 Songs Written in Less Than A Day that was really surprising to me, mostly because the songs are classics, famous and beloved. I would have thought that these songs took weeks, months or been harder to create. The list is...
1. All The Young Dudes by Mott The Hopple
2. I Can't Get No Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones
3. Song 2 by Blur
4. Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie
5. Losing My Religion by R.E.M
6. Mad World by Tears for Fears
7. Life on Mars by David Bowie
So, apparently, Bob Dylan's reference to it taking him ten years to get the life experience and two years to create his song, "Tangled Up In Blue," doesn't apply for all artists.
Did you know these songs were only written in a day? Are you a fan of any of these songs?