The quest for the perfect lip balm seems to be an everlasting journey. It always seems as though a chapstick is too sticky, greasy, overly conditioning or just simply not a good brand. There are countless brands and lip balms on the market, making it difficult for someone to find their perfect match.
After much research and personally having undergone the trial and error process, these would be some of my top recommendations.
1. Chap Stick, the classic lip brand, which is well known and reliable. They have their own website dedicated to all the different types, flavors and weather time appropriate brands. They have categories ranging from active, moisturizer, medicated, overnight, classics and seasonal flavors.
2. Smackers is my personal favorite lip balm brand. The different flavors ranging from soft drink inspired Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper to the sweet and mild strawberry and cherry, allows everyone to find their personal preference. The Disney princess inspired lip balms are perfect for letting your inner princess out; their princesses include Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine and several others. They also have candy inspired flavors including Starburst, M&M’s and Skittles for those who want to savor the flavors without the extra calories. This brand is also easily accessible to customers being sold at Walgreens, CVS, Stop n’Shop and Wal-Mart stores everywhere.
3. Burt’s Bees has become well known in recent years, creating and fostering a dedicated consumer base. Their chapsticks are the perfect combination of hydrating and not overbearing. If you want to add a little sass, one can buy a tinted lip balm; they come in a variety of colors including honeysuckle, caramel daisy, blush orchid, petunia, pink blossom, hibiscus, rose, red dahlia and sweet violet. Every time I go to CVS I always end up in the aisle that has a Burt’s Bees display.
4. Fresh has several hydrating treatments that plumps and protects lips. The Sugar Lip Treatment chapstick is tinted and comes in a variety of colors allowing everyone to find their perfect shade; including sugar petal tinted which is a sheer petal pink in mauve, sugar berry which is a mixture of sheer raspberry mauve in fuchsia, a deep shade of coral, sugar honey which is a warm nude, sugar passion which is a sheer crimson red, sugar plum which is sheer berry plum and sugar rose which is a tinted sheer rose. This chapstick costs more than the typical drug store brands, being sold at Sephora for $22.50.
5. Alba lip balms only cost $2.75 per bottle and are worth every penny. This brand is conditioning without leaving that waxy or greasy feeling. The natural Hawaiian lip balm, with nourishing coconut cream, is my guilty pleasure. It is my constant companion during the fall and winter months.
6. C.O. Bigelow has their own website as well as being featured at Bath and Body Works stores worldwide. My favorite recommendation from this company is their menthe lip balm stick-no-shine, with SPF 15. It is infused with cooling peppermint, soothes, protects, freshens breath and only costs $7.50.
If you already know that Nivea or Blistex is your favorite brand, then the next time you are at BJ’s or Costco, buy the bulk package and save money on your chapsticks. Some chapsticks can cost as much as $30.00!
Whatever your personal preference maybe, religiously applying lip balm every hour or keeping chapstick handy as you need it. These items can keep your lips moist and healthy for a long time.
What are your favorite lip balms? What are your favorite brands?