My mom just bought me a rice cooker with a Crock Pot-style/slow cooker button that allows me to make stews and other delicious meals! I have been searching high and low for some great recipes to try out, and found some amazing ones from Betty Crocker! They may take a while to cook, but I swear, each dish will melt in your mouth.
1. Beef Stroganoff – My mom is a chef and makes THE BEST beef stroganoff around. She told me she uses this recipe with her slow-cooker. I am obsessed with pasta and mushrooms, so this recipe is perfect for me!
2. Jambalaya – Who doesn’t love soul food? Jambalaya is the best, and this recipe isn’t too hard to carry out.
3. Chili – I’m from Texas, so chili is totally my jam. Winter is coming, and this might just be the perfect comfort food for a cold day.
4. Butternut Squash Soup – I recently bought a giant butternut squash at the grocery store the other day, but had no idea what I was going to do with it. This soup sounds delish!
5. Chicken Tortilla Soup – Another staple from my hometown in Texas is tortilla soup. With a huge Latino population, San Antonio has all different kinds of tortilla soup. I think this one will be able to live up to my standards.
Lovelies, do you have a slow cooker/Crock-Pot? What do you cook in it?