Sometimes my schedule gets a little crazy. How do I get through school, study binges and long commutes? My secret: a stellar playlist.
Here are my top 10 songs to get through a rough or busy day!
1. "Australia," The Shins. I just cannot stop listening to this song. It's perfect for breaks or for when you're just getting your day started. It has a pretty upbeat tempo and a great sound!
2. "Don't Make Me Wait," Locksley. With a 60s vibe and lyrics that make you feel so happy, this song will have you singing along even through the most stressful situations.
3. "Open Season," The High Highs. The first time I heard this song was on an Amazon commercial, and it has been one of my favorites ever since! It has a mellow sound and is great background noise for those times you're really focused.
4. "I Follow Rivers," Lykke Li. Lykke Li is a gem. Her music is the perfect blend of dire and happy, and the lyrics aren't so distracting that they keep you from getting work done. It is a pretty catchy song, though, so be prepared to have it stuck in your head at the end of the day.
5. "World on Fire," The Royal Concept. This Swedish band is amazing. Think about the product of Phoenix and The Strokes, except multiplied by 10. "World on Fire" is an upbeat song that will get you up and dancing (or motivated, whichever you're feeling more)!
6. "Sweet Disposition," Temper Trap. This is my favorite song from my favorite movie. It always puts me in a good mood no matter how stressful the situation.
7. "Miami 2 Ibiza," Swedish House Mafia feat. Tinie Tempah. Whenever that three o'clock slump comes around, I transition my playlist to EDM. This is one of my favorite Swedish House Mafia songs, and is equally great for working on papers/homework or for a trip to the gym.
8. "We Come Running," Youngblood Hawke. Powerful, catchy, and upbeat, this is a great song to start off your day on a high note.
9. "Young Blood," The Tiesto and Hardwell Remix of The Naked and Famous. This song is incredible on its own, but add an EDM spin to it and it is magic.
10. "Take You Higher," Goodwill and Hook N Sling. This song is another fantastic remix. The original, Angus and Julia Stone's "Big Jet Plane" is pretty slow and calm, but this version is upbeat and has you ready to work and take on the day!
These are my top 10 picks. What are your favorite songs to get you through a busy day, Lovelies?