It may sound absurd (and smelly), but it works!
Here’s some context: when I was in high school, I had an atrocious complexion because of my moderately severe acne. This caused my self-esteem to plummet and I frequently scoured the internet for a solution to rid myself of this annoying skin condition. I had the tendency to research acne treatments that required household items since drugstore and brand name products were pricey and often disappointing.
My delve into the sea of “acne curing” articles yielded strange results such as the raw egg mask. Since I was desperate for clear skin, I mentally shouted, “YOLO!” and grabbed an egg from my refrigerator and applied the slimy contents on my face.
To my surprise, my skin felt and looked brighter and slightly clearer immediately after washing off the egg. I looked more into the effects of raw egg on skin, and it turned out that the egg helped draw out impurities from the skin and tighten pores.
Here’s how to make your own egg facial:
1. Get an organic chicken’s egg
2. Crack open the egg and separate the whites and yolk in separate bowls
3. Beat the egg white until it is slightly frothy
4. Wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat your face dry
5. Apply the egg white on your face (if you feel your skin tightening, don’t worry, that’s supposed to happen)
6. After five minutes, wash off the egg white
7. Puncture the egg yolk and apply the contents on your skin
8. After five minutes, wash off the egg yolk
9. Use an ice cube to tighten up your pores
10. Enjoy your soft, glowing skin!
In case you want to watch this process in action (with slightly varied steps), here’s a video:
What is your favorite skincare home remedy?