I’ve always loved animal print, but I never quite figured out how to incorporate it into my wardrobe/home until this summer. I’m so glad that I did, and I’m so excited that it’s everywhere for fall too! (I mean, when is animal print not in style?) So if you’re wanting to incorporate one of fashion’s most iconic prints into your closet but not quite sure where to start, let’s get started!
One of my favorite ways to wear animal print is to take some animal print loafers (so hot right now) and pair them with something basic, like a black dress or skinny jeans. But don’t be shy about letting patterns mingle! Madewell has some really good inspiration on their website for pattern mixing.
And not only are animal prints still in for fall, but I’ve also been seeing animals all over everything! I would love to adopt these little ones for my closet…
1. Take a basic black dress (this one is perfect) and add a pop of animal print. I love buying dresses like this because it’s like a blank slate. You can pair anything you want with a dress like this and it will almost always look perfectly put together.
2. With a credit card holder this bold in your purse, I doubt you’ll lose it.
3. I believe that every woman should have a pair of leopard print heels in her closet. Closet staple. Trust me, those heels and that black dress will be BFFs. I’ve been lusting after those J. Crew heels forever, and I almost fell out of my chair when I discovered a very similar pair at Target for less than $30. Target FTW!
4. I’m loving this playful scarf from Urban Outfitters. It looks like the perfect way to punch up my traditional gray/black cold-weather ensemble.
5. These are probably the cutest mittens that I’ve ever seen.
6. It’s starting to get cold outside, so get ready to see foxes, rabbits and other cute little critters all over everything. I’m loving this adorable bunny sweater from UO, and they even have a squirrel sweater too!
Be sure and check out the gallery for lots of other animal print-goodness!
What’s your favorite way to rock the animal prints, Lovelies? How do you style your prints?