I’ll admit it; I’m a bit of a hoarder purse lady. If you have a headache, I have Advil. Need a lighter? I don’t even smoke, but here ya go! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have this huge heavy purse that I drag around with me everywhere… but I kind of like being prepared for anything and everything that comes along. While my friends always laugh at me for having ridiculous things in my purse, I never hear a peep from any of them when I’m the one that comes to the tampon rescue. And seasonal changes are when my OCD senses really shine.
Here are my cold-weather purse essentials:
1. In Texas, the temperature change can be pretty brutal and I almost always end up a puffy, sneezing mess. I always make sure that have at least one dosage in my bag at all times, whether for me or for a sneezy friend. It’s earned me many a free drink at the bar for being the allergy/headache life-saver. Just make sure you’re being careful if you’re taking any kind of medicine while you’re drinking.
2. As much as I love cold weather, my lips are a dry, cracked-up mess. I’ve tried just about every chapstick under the sun, and my two absolute favorites are the EOS Lip Spheres and Nivea’s Touch of Cherry lip balm. Both products are wonderful, the EOS lip spheres are always super easy for me to quickly locate in my purse and the Nivea balm leaves a yummy cherry red tint, not that weird, waxy-lip look that most chapsticks leave.
3. I’m never one to drag around a ton of beauty products, but while its cold outside, good hand lotion is a must. My favorite is the Shea Cashmere Hand Cream. It’s a bit pricey at $10/tube, but almost every time I purchase some, Bath & Body Works is having a ‘buy-one-get-one’ sale on them. Be sure and check out their website for specials. It leaves my hands smooth- not greasy, and it smells wonderful. Even my guy friends are always pestering me for some.
4. After all of those pumpkin lattes, your breath is probably pretty nasty. Altoids are my favorite. I even pop some of the cinnamon ones in my coffee for an extra kick. Try it!
5. Static Guard has saved my hair on many occasions. Just spray a tiny bit on your coats and sweaters and behold! Miracle product.
6. A mini lint roller! My friends especially crack up at this one, but with all the scarf and fuzzy sweater-wearing, it’s a must. If I can’t fit it inside my purse, I just keep it in my car.
7. Hand sanitizer is definitely a must-have for pretty much any season. You can buy it at the grocery store for next to nothing, and if it keeps me from getting sick, I’m totally on board.
What are some of your purse essentials for fall?