Being the extremely pale person that I am, I used to avoid wearing black because I was afraid I would look like Elvira. However, around five years ago I realized the magic that is the little black dress and that as long as I didn’t go overboard with too much detail, fabric and accessories, black worked well on myself and literally everybody else. In my opinion, autumn is the best time for LBDs; in the summer, you’re aiming for pretty colors while in the winter, it’s often too cold to wear anything “little” when you go out.
My favorite two of this list are SimplyBe’s Peplum Dress, pictured at the top, and NastyGal’s Lily Lattice Dress, pictured below. I love the Peplum Dress because of it’s pretty shape and long skirt, so it wouldn’t be too LOOK AT ME! if I wore it to a work-related party. I love NastyGal’s for a more friend-filled occasion, as it has long yet sheer sleeves and a semi-open back:
Links to each dress:
1. SimplyBe Peplum Dress, $69
2. NastyGal Lily Lattice Lace Dress $58
3. UO Pins & Needles Backless Dress, $69 (first in gallery)
4. ModCloth Coach Tour Dress in Noir, $48
5. ASOS Curve Lace With Cut Out Dress, $48
6. ModCloth Not Your Average LBD, $53
7. Forever21 Off-The-Shoulder Sheath Dress, $25
8. ASOS Midi Body-Conscious Dress With Twist Back, $23
9. A’Gaci Mock Neck Lace Peplum Dress, $35
Lovelies, would you wear any of these dresses? Do you have any suggestions for great LBDs?