For the third time in the past six months, I am moving apartments. Ah, the joys of living in a dorm. This week I am obnoxiously packing and unpacking over and over, all while working two jobs. Luckily, I am a fabulous packer and I am here to share all my tips and tricks with you!
1. Label … everything.
- I am the queen of post-its and I make sure I know where everything is by marking it. Mark your suitcases, mark your bins, mark anything you may forget. It makes it much more simple to add clothes/belongings to a proper spot.
2. Leave clothing on the hangers if possible.
- When I made my summer move, I left nearly everything on its original hanger and put it in a bin or suitcase. Knowing I would be unpacking literally an hour later made me apprehensive about having to hang things up over again. Yes it’s a simple task, but it is time consuming especially when you are unpacking other items.
3. Take down any decorations in advance.
- I hate bare walls, but the last thing I want to deal with is making sure I took down my final photo frame right before I leave.
4. Unpack each room one at a time.
- This is the most efficient way to make sure you do not forget everything! If you are running from room to room, you can quickly lose sight of drawers you may have missed. If you do each room at a time, you can assure that you have inspected every part of that space so you don’t leave anything behind.
5. Make a list/inventory beforehand.
- If you are doing a serious move, make a list of everything you have (tedious I know) and check it off as you pack it. Another surefire way to make sure you have everything packed away!
Obviously these are only a few of many ways to assure you have a successful move, but they are tips that work for me. Next week I will be moving yet another time, only ten blocks away (yet back to the place I moved out of at the start of summer). Wish me luck!
Lovelies, how do you effectively move? What are some of your tips and tricks?