The Olympics are in full swing, and even people who aren’t sports-minded (such as myself) are watching. Whether or not you know anything about the games or the sports being played, it’s hard not to feel patriotic when your team wins the gold. Perhaps you even feel patriotic enough to don some gold duds! While few of us can afford the Givenchy dress featured above, here are 5 somewhat more affordable items to show your team spirit!
1. OPI “Bling Dynasty” Nail Polish, $7.35. This is a great summer color and it’s incredibly Olympic-friendly! Pair it with a white dress and black accessories for a serious socialite look.
2. Lomography Diana+ Gold Camera, $109. This is a pricey accessory for the occasional photographer, but it’s an awesome addition to your collection if photography is your hobby! (I asked for mine for Christmas.) This Diana uses 120mm film, and its light leaks and other effects will remind you of Instagram, but way better.
3. “My Cherie Ambe” Dress, $29.99. Sometimes gold can be a bit intense as an all-over color. Break things up a bit with a simple pattern, or throw a darker-colored belt over a gold dress.
4. “Don’t Look Back In Angles” Necklace, $17. The easiest way to get some gold in your wardrobe is through jewelry, of course! I can’t even begin to describe the ways that gold pieces can accentuate (or make) an outfit, but I will say that I find the hue far more striking than silver.
5. LA Scion Nude Spiked Cap-Toe Flats, $28. Add some sassy and snazzy flair to any outfit with these gold-spiked flats. I would pair them with a sweet skirt or simple dress to add a touch of “bad girl” flair.
While I may not know the first thing about sports, I can often relate them to everyday life. And that, for me, involves fashion. You can bet I’ll be be clapping for our players with hands that have gold polish on them!
What do you think of wearing gold? Which of these items are your favorite?