It’s been emphasized time and time again how important it is to polish your resume to include only the most important information about your skills, experience and educational background. Your resume has to say a lot about who you are in a single one-page document, so including frivolous information that takes up needed space is a huge no-no, which is why some of these resume statements make me laugh out loud. Check them out!
According to Yahoo!, hiring managers described their most terrible applications and compiled them for us examine. What were these applicants thinking?
- A candidate called himself a genius and invited the hiring manager to interview him at his apartment.
- A candidate’s cover letter talked about her family being in the mob.
- A candidate specified that her resume was set up to be sung to the tune of “The Brady Bunch.”
- A candidate highlighted the fact that he was “Homecoming Prom Prince” in 1984.
- A candidate claimed to be able to speak “Antartican” when applying for a job to work in Antarctica.
- A candidate’s resume was decorated with pink rabbits.
- A candidate listed “to make dough” as the objective on the resume.
- A candidate applying for an accounting job said he was “deetail-oriented” and spelled the company’s name incorrectly.
- A candidate’s cover letter contained “LOL.”
Head on over to the source to see even more huge resume mistakes! [via Yahoo]
Which of these made you laugh?