I’m such a sucker for bad television. As a lifelong New Jersey resident, I can’t help but watch Jersey Shore and watch how my home state continually gets a bad name. I tuned in to The PaulyD Project for a few episodes, but it ended up leaving me bored. Despite this, I still felt the need to tune in to yet another spinoff conveniently named ‘Snooki & Jwoww.’
After watching the first episode, I’ve highlighted some key parts. *Spoiler Alert!*
- There were a few laughable parts of this episode, one of which was the duo making fun of Victor, their realtor’s, cheesy blazer – I guess Victor doesn’t have Lovelies to help him out with his style needs!
- It seems stupid moments were the only parts that made me laugh – I also loved the creepy, half naked guy who was staring out a window (probably at all the cameras) at one of the apartments Snooki & Jwoww looked at. Their dramatics made it a bit over the top, but it was still comical
- Snooki showed once again that she can’t drive a car. Thank you for proving the age old stereotype that women cannot drive correctly.
- The entire episode was based on their apartment hunting … it was a little dry considering ‘Jersey Shore‘ is all about partying
- Of course, there are all the atrocious outfits you can expect from our two favorite guidettes. I especially appreciated Snooki’s black and white dangle earrings when she was skyping Jwoww
- Was I the only one who noticed that they were searching for apartments outside of NYC? Jersey City is in New Jersey, not New York. You would think with their ridiculous salaries they would want to be right in the middle of the nightlife.
- Snooki announces she is engaged…5 minutes before her and Jwoww sign the lease on an apartment. Nothing like waiting until the last minute?
- And that’s not all! She waits another five minutes to announce she is pregnant! A double whammy for the best friend who is committing to live with a pregnant engaged girl.
Because of all the media sensation around Snooki’s pregnancy, it is more than predictable that they would announce her news in the first episode. While the show originally was supposed to be about the two girls party escapades, now it seems it will be about Obgyn appointments and boyfriend conflicts.
Overall, I can’t say I wasn’t surprised on what happened in this episode. While predictable, it was also somewhat entertaining. It’s everything you would expect from a Jersey Shore spinoff. And since there aren’t many shows to watch this summer, I might just have to continue to tune in. Another guilty pleasure couldn’t hurt…
What did you think of the ‘Snooki & Jwoww‘ premiere? Will you be tuning in this summer?