Being short on cash just means you need to be a little more creative in how you choose to decorate your room (or apartment).
Redecorating a living space should be fun and not stressful. Remember that when you go to redecorate. Keep in mind that being on a budget means that you may have to wait longer to have a room completely finished. But don’t let that discourage you. Here are five easy ways to spice up your living space.
1. De-Clutter Organizing your space can make it seem new, bigger and different in so many ways. And a clean space is much more inviting than a cluttered space.
2. Add Pops Of Color Adding a bright pillow, vase, picture frame, stack of books or candles here and there can really brighten up a room. Make sure to use colors that complement each other well.
3. Look For Lamps, Furniture, Rugs, Etc. From Thrift Stores, Garage SalesNot all thrift stores and garage sales have junk. Some have really cool stuff for great deals. And with furniture, sometimes you can find places that will reupholster it for pretty cheap. Lamps can also be customized for pretty cheap.
4. Get New Curtains That Let In More LightAdding more natural light to a room can really give it a more calming vibe. This can open up your space, making it seem bigger and more inviting. Curtains that you can tie back during the day and close at night are great for sunlight and privacy.
5. Personalize Your Space Adding a photo of you and your friends or displaying your favorite books can really spice up a room and give it a personal feel. These types of things invite guests to ask questions, which is great for dinner conversation.
Whether you have just a room or a whole apartment to redecorate, these tips will really help to make your space more welcoming. And that is what everyone wants in a living space, right? I mean, who wants to come home to a place where they don’t feel comfortable?
Good luck redecorating!
Will you use any of these tips next time you redecorate? How do you save money when redecorating?