Summer is a great time to go on some fun dates. Whether you’re just starting out a relationship or you’ve been in one for years, dates are always fun. Keep reading to see my top 13 choices for fun summer dates.
1. Drive-In Movie It’s always fun to watch a movie outdoors, and it’s even better when you’re with someone you like (or love).
2. Go Out For Ice Cream Try going to a fun place where you can customize your order or make your own ice cream (or frozen yogurt) bowl. It’s fun making your own ice cream bowl and then enjoying it with your date.
3. Picnic In The Park A picnic at a park during the day is a lot of fun. You can bring fun snacks or bring bread to feed ducks and geese if there is a pond nearby.
4. Bowling Bowling never gets old. Whether you’re good or not, it can be a lot of fun. I like bowling with my guy, but it’s also fun as a double (or triple) date.
5. Movie By The Campfire If you have a laptop, bring it outside with your favorite flick. Cuddle up with your date by a campfire and enjoy the privacy that you don’t get at movie theaters. And hey, make a s’more or two while you’re at it.
6. Concert I’ve never been to a concert, but I imagine it would be a great time. As long as you and your date like the same kind of music, it would be fun.
7. Wine-Tasting If you and your date are old enough, a day of wine-tasting might be fun. You could even buy a bottle of wine to have as a souvenir from the day.
8. Backyard Sports There’s nothing like playing basketball, baseball or football with your guy to have lots of fun. This is great for athletic couples.
9. Horseback Riding Check out local campgrounds and stables to see if they offer horseback riding. It’s a fun experience if you’ve never done it before, and it makes for a great date.
10. Miniature Golf I’ve always been a fan of miniature golf. This is a fun single date or double date.
11. Batting Cages This is fun for athletic couples, as you and your date can show off your batting skills. If you’re not so good, it can make for a great laugh. You just have to be a good sport about it.
12. Go-Kart Racing If you or your date likes competition, then this is a great choice. Just make sure neither of you is too competitive, because nobody likes to hang out with a sore loser.
13. Amusement Park Long lines don’t seem as long when you’re with someone you like. And a lot of rides are two-seaters, which means you’ll get to spend the whole day together. And who doesn’t love sharing cotton candy?
Those are some of my favorite date ideas for the summertime. And most of them are pretty affordable. As long as you’re with someone you like, you should have a good time. That’s what dates are all about, right?
What are your favorite summertime dates?