My friend Gina and I are suckers for hair products. Some might call us “product whores,” but we’ve always been willing to experiment with the latest treatments that guarantee to revitalize, nourish, shine, clean, volumize, smooth, straighten, curl, wave, blah, blah, blah our hair. We’ve finally discovered a set of products that actually does it all: Wen Hair Care, by Chaz Dean.
Chaz Dean, an LA hair stylist, developed a passion for creating the “total picture.” Thus, his hair care line supplies you with the solutions and remedies to all of your bad hair day dilemmas. The cleansing conditioner is a 5-in-1 formula that takes the place of your shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler and leave-in conditioner. While other shampoos and conditioners include harsh detergents and foreign synthetics, Wen incorporates natural ingredients. Even though it does not lather onto your scalp, the creamy conditioner leaves your hair silky smooth and frizz free even days after using.
When you order the Wen hair care system, the package includes the cleansing conditioner, styling cream, intensive hair treatment, texture balm, comb and a simply tutorial on how to use it all for just $29.95 (free shipping!). It comes in sweet almond mint, lavender, fig and pomegranate fragrances.
Never before has my hair felt as soft and healthy after using Chaz Dean’s products. I’m so happy my friend Gina introduced me to the package. It cleanses my hair so thoroughly that I can go days without washing it, something I was NEVER EVER EVER able or willing to do before, and since I’m washing it less, my color is lasting longer.
I’ve only been using it for about three weeks, but trust me when I tell you, I’m hooked. Once you go Wen, you never go back!
Here is a summary of how I personally use the Wen products. Mine are sweet almond mint and smell so clean:
- I rinse my hair with luke-warm water for about a minute when I first enter the shower, massaging my scalp to wash away products and dirt.
- I divide my hair into four quadrants and apply the cleansing conditioner to each section (four pumps per quadrant for my short hair. It varies depending on hair length).
- I massage the product from scalp to ends for about three minutes until it is applied to my whole head. It doesn’t suds up, but it’s creamy.
- I continue with my shower and leave the rinsing out process for last. Right before I’m ready to rinse, I use the comb to distribute the product evenly and then finish up with my shower.
- Rinsing out should be saved for last. When I’m completely finished with my shower, I take two minutes to wash the cleansing conditioner out of my hair, and I’m astonished at how silky smooth it is.
- While my hair is still wet, I scrunch a quarter-size amount of the styling cream onto my ends and let it air dry.
- On the days when I don’t wash my hair, I use the texture balm as a quick-fix in the mornings by rubbing some onto my palm and scrunching it onto my ends.
- My natural waves are accentuated every time! I love it! No curling iron required.
* I haven’t used the intensive hair treatment yet.
Anyone else tried Wen and love it as much as me?