I love using body scrubs, and I really want to try a lip scrub. The only problem is that I’m really tired of paying for them! Body scrubs can get pretty expensive, especially when you want the really good stuff that smells great too. So, I searched around for some recipes to make homemade scrubs, and I thought I’d share.
1. Homemade Sugar Scrub To make this scrub, use equal amounts of brown sugar and white sugar. (For a 6 oz. jar that equals about 1/4 cup of each.) Then, fill the jar to the top with olive oil. It should cover the sugars and then add an extra half inch of oil. Finally, just add about 1-2 tablespoons of vanilla extract and stir.
2. Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub To make this hand scrub, start by mixing 2 1/2 cups of sugar with 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice (or scented essential oils). Mix until it is gritty. This is enough to fill a 12 oz. jar.
3. Homemade Salt Scrub For this scrub, you need to mix 1 1/2 cups of sea salt with 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil together. Then cut 3 large lemons in half and squeeze the juice all over the salt mixture. Stir it until it’s well blended. This makes 6 mini salt scrubs. You can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
4. Homemade Sensual Sugar Scrub To make this scrub, mix together 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and add a little bit of massage oil for a sensual scent.
5. Yummy Lip Scrub To make this lip scrub, pour 1 teaspoon of sugar into a small container. Add 2 tablespoons of honey (or olive oil). Then add a squirt of Vaseline and mix them all together. Using your finger, rub it on your lips and let it exfoliate. Then wipe it off and you’ll have softer lips.
And now you can make homemade scrubs. Be prepared to have super soft hands and lips, and a smooth body. I can’t wait to try out some of these scrubs!
Do you have a recipe that is easier or better than these?