Happy belated Earth Day! As you may know, Earth Day was yesterday. And to celebrate the day, here is a list of eight not so eco-friendly celebs. I’m guessing these stars wore fur and leather to any events they attended yesterday.
While many celebrities have been making it known that they are “going green,” these eight celebs don’t seem to mind wearing meat or dying their dog’s hair. Here’s the long-awaited list of the celebs who are too good to “go green.”
1. Alessandra Ambrosio The model admitted that she dyed her maltese dog, Buddha, blue. According to PETA, dyeing animals is cruel and unhealthy.
2. Cindy Crawford She posed for an anti-fur PETA ad in her early years. But in 2004, she modeled for a fur company. PETA sees her as a sell-out.
3. Lady Gaga Her unusual outfits are fine as long as she doesn’t use meat in them. But on two occasions the star has worn meat as an outfit. Not cool in PETA’s book.
4. Gwyneth Paltrow Her and her husband, Chris Martin, refused to walk four houses down the road to attend a party. Instead, they had to be driven to the event. Talk about a big carbon footprint!
5. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley She is not afraid to say that she’s a farm girl, and she’ll shoot livestock. Not what PETA wants to hear.
6. Karl Lagerfeld He’s no stranger to fur and leather. He loves using fur in his collections.
7. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (yes, they count as one) The twins have been on PETA’s bad side for years for the amount of leather and fur they wear.
8. Naomi Campbell She also did an ad for PETA, in which she appeared naked. But in 2009, she was the face for the fur designer Dennis Basso’s campaigns.
What did you do to celebrate Earth Day?