Spelling is sort of a thrilling passion of mine. I won the spelling bee in sixth grade and never looked back. Whether you're a nerd like me, or you rely on auto-correct to help you sort out the i's from the e's, understand that there are some folks out there who think of the laws of English as a mere suggestion — and they're taking their creativity to the walls of Twitter. Buzzfeed put together a top ten list of all the best (worst) misspellings on Twitter, and they're even funnier than I expected. Take a look.
1. Vicariously. vicarious |vīˈkerēəs; vi-| adjective experienced in the imagination through the feelings or actions of another person
2. Genius. genius |ˈjēnyəs| noun ( pl. geniuses ) exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability
3. Hypocrites. hypocrisy |hiˈpäkrisē| noun ( pl. -sies) the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
4. Angels. You know what angels are.
5. Manners. manners |ˈmanər| noun polite or well-bred social behavior
...Poor Hippocrates. I guess these just go to show, you don't have to spell something correctly for it to become a trending topic. Gotta love the Interwebz. See the rest of the lineup at Buzzfeed.
What are your biggest spelling peeves?