While looking at different photography blogs and Pinterest, I’ve noticed a trend for wedding photography. It’s called the “first look”, where the bride and groom catch a glimpse of each other before the ceremony.
What do you think of first looks?
There are both positives and negatives of having a “first look.”
Let’s talk positives first.
1. The moment can be personal. You and your soon-to-be spouse can have this emotional moment as just a couple without everyone else being involved.
2. It can save time. If you guys see each other first, then you can take all of the photos of the wedding party before the ceremony. This saves time in between the ceremony and reception.
3. You can get more photos of each other’s reactions. Unlike during the ceremony, the photographer can really capture your reactions. It’s hard to get the bride and groom’s reactions during the ceremony. And you can take more photos together during this time, and you won’t feel as rushed.
Now onto the negatives.
1. Some people will think this is bad luck for a marriage. Since it’s tradition that the bride and groom don’t see each other before the bride walks down the aisle, people might think this will doom your marriage. It’s all about your personal beliefs.
2. It isn’t always seen as traditional. For some couples, that’s enough to turn them away.
3. The groom may be more likely to cry. The groom may not want a million photos of himself crying. It depends on the guy.
So Lovelies, what do you think of first looks?