Before you know it, summer will be here. While I’m all for beach-style waves, some days are just too hot to wear your hair down. That’s where these cute up-dos come in to play.
My hair is medium length so these ‘dos are all feasible for me. I’m sick of my usual boring style of wearing my hair down straight with a bit of curl at the ends. Summer is a great time for me to try out some new styles. Here are my top six choices after searching Pinterest for new ideas.
1. Sleek low bun This would be easy enough for me to do. Pull your hair like you’re going to do a half up-do. Pin the top half away from the bottom half, and secure the bottom half into a sleek bun. Take the hair from the top out of the pin, and part it in half. Pull the sections in opposite directions and bring them to the back. Put each section on the opposite side of the bun and secure with pins.
2. Fancy low pony My guess for this style is to secure the lower portion of your hair into a ponytail. With the top portion of hair, split it into two sections and wrap this around the ponytail and pin where needed. (There was no tutorial but this is how I’m going to tackle this ‘do!)
3. High polished bun For this style, I will pull my hair into a high and tight ponytail. I will make the bun by pulling the hair in the ponytail up from the bottom and flipping it to the front. Then I’ll wrap another ponytail around the bun.
4. Low messy pony This look takes a lot of teasing. First, I would curl my hair but I’d make sure to keep it messy. Then I would tease the crown and pull it into a tight ponytail very low in the back. After I have my hair in a ponytail, I pull the hair to make it more voluminous. This style would need lots of hairspray.
5. Curly side bun Since my hair is very thick, this style will be easy for me. I would first curl my hair and then pull it to the side. To make the bun, I would wrap the hair around my hand a bunch until it is big enough to show off a large bun. I would secure it with a ponytail and bobby-pins.
6. Low braided bun The last look would be a bit difficult since it involves braids. I guess the trick would be to French braid my hair from the one side all the way to the end and then wrap it into a bun and pin accordingly.
Hopefully these styles turn out as beautifully as they look on here.
What are your go-to summer hairstyles? Will you try any of these styles?