Kim Kardashian recently earned a bit of media attention (what's new?) for a possible hickey she was sporting after a date with Kanye West. In theory, most people should retire the habit of getting marked in this matter after 8th grade, but mistakes do happen! Which is why we have a list of 5 possible hickey cures, just in case things get a bit too frisky.
1. A lipstick cap. Apparently putting a lipstick cap over the hickey, applying pressure and twisting repeatedly moves the blood away from the surface of the skin, thus reducing the hickey's appearance.
2. A toothbrush. Moving a toothbrush in circles over the hickey can supposedly reduce its appearance, though using too much pressure could make it worse!
3. A coin. This sounds pretty painful, but if you're desperate it could be worth a shot. Stretch the skin over the hickey taut, then scrape it with the edge of a coin, "like the hickey was butter on toast." You have to do this hard and with plenty of pressure, which could hurt a bit!
4. Toothpaste. Apparently oral hygiene products are particularly good for hickeys. Put toothpaste on the spot, let it dry, wipe it off and then re-apply.
5. Tea bags. Get a tea bag wet with warm water, and then place it over the hickey. Repeat as needed!