1. Lips: Deliver a colorful Pout-Punch by covering your lips with a bright hue. Let your eyes and skin remain neutral and subtle so your showy smackers can take the spotlight. Try a vibrant fuchsia shade such as Milani Color Perfect Lipstick in Rose Hip ($5.99, walgreens.com).
2. Eyeliner: Line your upper lash lines with a neon shade such as an aquamarine blue. Complete the rest of your makeup with nudes and neutrals so nothing competes with your electric eyeliner. Milani Liquif’Eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil in Aqua ($4.49, walgreens.com) will give you a smooth and smudge-proof application.
3. Colorblocking Eyeshadow: Colorblocking is so “the” Spring 2012 trend. Use a richly colored pigment on your lids from the lash line to the brow bone. Add more layers if you have to so that the color is as prismatic and even as can be. Then either use a liner with a smudge brush or use another neon shadow color for the bottom lash line. Pick colors like a radiant teal on top with a gleaming orange on the bottom. Both are available in the Cover Girl Eye Enhancer Eye Shadow 4Kit in Tropical Fusion ($4.84, target.com).
4. Colorblocking Eyes & Lips: This method of colorblocking is for those who are just a little more daring when it comes to their makeup. This is when you have a shockingly bright shade on your upper lid (such as a lime green) paired with a colored lip (such as a berry red). Try pairing an Elf Eye Shadow in Sage ($1, target.com) with a Milani Color Perfect Lipstick in Berry Rich ($3.99, target.com).
5. Eyeshadow: Applying a creamy eyeshadow on the upper lid from the lash line going out to the brow bone doesn’t sound too dramatic, right? Now picture it in a flashy shade of neon and voilà, we have now entered the world of the spring 2012 makeup trends. If you are a little freaked out at the thought of smattering neon yellow across your eyelids, you can still participate in the trend by using a lighter (but still incandescent) lavender such as Revlon’s Illuminance Creme Shadows in Wild Orchids ($5.19, drugstore.com).
6. Nails: For those who are bashful in bright, try experimenting with neons on your nails first. Our nails are a great way to add a playful burst of color to any ensemble. Milani Neon Nail Lacquer’s come in an array of neons ranging from Techno Red to Totally 80′s ($3.99, target.com).
Do you guys have any neon favorites that you have or want to try this spring?