1. Relaxing works 99 percent of the time. Sometimes I just need a little time to myself to do whatever I want. I live a busy life, so a couple minutes or a couple hours that are all mine is very relaxing. In this time I can do whatever I feel like doing, whether that is taking a nap or reading a book. Either way, I’m happier afterwards.
2. Reading a magazine helps me get out of a funky mood. When I read magazines, I feel like I can get away from the real world. I almost feel like I’m living in another world, where I am super glamorous and very rich. I can’t be the only one who feels this way! I especially feel this way when I read Harper’s Bazaar, since I know I can’t afford anything in that magazine.
3. Watching my favorite TV shows on Hulu.com brings me so much happiness. Since I don’t have time to watch my shows during the week and since I don’t have cable or TiVo, I watch almost all of my TV shows on Hulu.com. I love watching shows like Gossip Girl and 90210 because they are so full of drama. My life is pretty drama-free, but I love watching drama unfold. It’s like a guilty pleasure of mine. And of course, I watch comedies. They definitely cheer me up. My favorites are Whitney, Up All Night, Modern Family and New Girl.
4. Cuddling is a sure way to make me happy, on most days. I love to just spend the day in bed (when I have the time) to help me work out my sad feelings. Whether I am cuddling with my blanket or my man, I usually feel much better about whatever has me feeling blue. I also love to light a candle or two when I’m relaxing under the covers. It just brings me more peace.
5. Drinking hot chocolate or a smoothie, depending on the season, really helps me calm down. I’m not sure why, but I guess it has something to do with the idea that comfort foods (or drinks in this case) really do make you feel better.
6. Working out lets me focus on the problem and really think things out. Plus, it helps me stay in shape. Pretty cool, huh?
What do you do to shake a bad mood?