I love all kinds of art — from paintings to photographs to art prints — and hope to have an entire house full of art hanging on my walls one day. It’s such a great way to personalize and bring color into your space.
Art isn’t always affordable, however, so I’ve compiled my top 15 ideas for cool art ideas on the cheap!
A. Do It Yourself
1) Create large text painting with black shoe polish
2) DIY Abstract Art
3) Create art using paint chips
4) DIY Potato Print Art
B. Enlarging Images
5) Enlarge the cover of a favorite or vintage book
6) Enlarge a black and white photograph on blueprint paper for $4
7) Photograph something small that has meaning like a letter, and blow it up
Enlarge one of your own photographs, or take one of the clouds
C. Frames Can Turn Almost Anything into Art
9) Frame Oversized paper
10) Frame pages from a calendar
11) Frame pages from a beautiful book
12) Frame an assortment of fabric
13) Frame a large piece of fabric
You can frame fabric in inexpensive Ikea frames, in vintage wood frames, or even stretch it out over canvas. Interesting patterns like suzani, ikat, or otomi always look great, but the options are really limitless!
14) Frame scrapbook paper
15) Hang empty vintage frames from thrift stores and flea markets
What kind of art do you have hanging on your walls? Would you try any of this DIY, Enlarged Images or Framed Arts on your walls?