Since we spend a third of our lives in our beds, we should try to make them as pretty as possible. Here are 13 affordable and easy ways to upgrade your bed!
1. DIY a headboard.
This beautiful DIY tufted headboard by Jenny Komenda is a little more involved, but creating a simple rectangular fabric-covered headboard only involves a piece of wood, foam batting, your choice of fabric, and a staple gun.
2. Paint a headboard
3. Add colorful pillows
4. Add a bright, bold, or patterned blanket
5. Hang fabric, a quilt, a rug, or a curtain as a headboard.
6. Use a painting as a headboard.
7. Create a headboard using wallpaper.
8. Create a headboard using chalkboard paint.
9. Apply an affordable and super easy headboard decal.
Blik offers many different styles and colors than the wrought iron style below.
10. Use framed pictures as a headboard.
11. Recycle old shutters and use them as headboards to give your room a coastal feel.
12. Hang a canopy with an embroidery hoop and a pair of curtains.
13. Hang a large map as a headboard.
Which one is your favorite? What does your bed look like?