W-w-what? If you forgot to get reservations for a fancy-shmancy restaurant for tonight, or if you planned to chill at home regardless, why not treat yourself — and your boo if that’s the case — with some chocolate cake? In 5 minutes. In the microwave.
- coffee mug
- 4 tablespoons flour - make sure you measure it right – or the cake is a lie!
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons whisked egg - 1 egg is too much, 1 egg white is too eggy, 1 yolk is too dense, but 2 tblsp is just right!
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- splash vanilla or other flavoring – try peppermint or cinnamon
This girl is like the amazing roommate I never had…and should probably be glad I didn’t for the sake of my waistline. But what better way to manage your portions on something as indulgent as chocolate cake than to make it in a coffee mug? I love this idea. Y’all know me and my sweet tooth. [via Instructables]
Enjoy! And feel free to share any other of your favorite Valentine’s recipes in the comments.