Let’s get ready to rumble! With Super Bowl XLVI quickly approaching, we thought it would be a good idea to fill some of y’all in on what’s going down this Sunday. Besides for the fact that it should be an amazing game and well, re-match, if football isn’t really your thing there’s still a bunch of other reasons to watch. From a cute quarterback, to what’s shaping up to be a pretty entertaining halftime show, this day could have it all. So here are five reasons why you should tune in and watch the big game come Sunday.
1. Oh, ya know, the game. It’s like we went back in time circa 2007 when one of the most talked about Super Bowls ever happened. After it seemed like the Patriots were going to prove everyone right and clinch the title, Giant’s quarterback Eli Manning threw a pass to David Tyree for a moment that has since been known as ‘the catch.’ With that, they were able to keep the Giants alive until they were ultimately crowned the champs. After the way things went down five years ago, you can bet the Patriots are going to come back with a vengence. And for all you sports fans out there, you know a little Boston and New York rivalry is a guaranteed good time to watch.
2. Have you seen Tom Brady? Yep, the Patriots quarterback looks that good in uniform too. Looks aside, Tom is arguably one of the best quarterbacks in the league right now. In terms of the post season, Brady is 16-5 and has a winning percentage of 76 percent in the playoffs. Even as someone who was taught to despise anything Boston-sports related since birth, I’ll admit that’s pretty impressive. Sunday also marks his fifth big game appearance — which ties him with the most Super Bowl starts all-time in the NFL. So, simply put: be on the look out for number 12– if not for his skills, his face works too. [via Athlon Sports]
3. One word: Madonna. If reasons number one and two weren’t all that appealing to you, you may want to tune in at half-time. The Material Girl herself will be performing live with a little help from Cirque du Soleil and covering some of her most beloved hits. Photographs from TMZ have surfaced showing the word ‘Vogue’ all lit up on the stage, and other hits like ‘Ray of Light’ have been said to be in the mix. We all know Madonna is quite the show stopper and based on some of the past half-time shows, chances are she’ll bring down the house.
4. Sunday ‘Funday’ Whether you’re in college, just graduated, or are soon to be going, one of the funnest things you’ll ever experience is Sunday ‘funday.’ OK, maybe not the funnest, but it’s still a good time. There’s something slightly rebellious about embarking on some craziness on a day when you typically would be resting or recovering from your Saturday night out. Therefore the Super Bowl is the perfect excuse to crack open some beers (or sodas), make some yummy yet different cupcakes, and just chill with your buds to watch the big game. Oh, and it’s a total excuse to pig out, which is always good, right?
5. The Commercials. Sometimes these are as anticipated as the game itself. Not only do the coveted commercials go for millions of dollars which is well, crazy, they make for some really good entertainment. Seriously, sometimes it’s hard to decide when to go get a re-fill or hit the bathroom because the commercials are that good. In the past we’ve had those adorable E-babies, and some hilarious Doritos commercials and with a sneak peak of some ads already hitting the internet a lá sexy David Beckham, I think it’s safe to say this year’s batch is looking alright.
The Super Bowl airs February 5, on NBC at 6:30pm EST
So let’s hear it! What are you guys looking forward to? What songs do you think Madonna should sing? But most importantly, who do you think is going to win?