Happy Chinese New Year, Lovelies! And welcome to The Year of the Dragon. In an effort to breathe a little more fire-breathing creature into your life this year, we lassoed together five items that might do the trick.
1. Eat a dragon roll. From my relatively novice sushi experience, I’d say that these delicious sushi rolls vary by restaurant. As far as I can tell, only the avocado is the same every time. (Correct me if because I’m probably wrong.) But any excuse that gets more mouthwatering raw fish and sake bombs in my belly, I’m willing to make.
2012 Year Of The Dragon Compact Mirror, $18.00 from Sephora
2. Check yourself out in a year-appropriate compact. Sephora knows how to treat us well. In addition to peddling a 2012-specific golden compact mirror, the design pays direct homage to Hello Kitty. Although Kitty ain’t exactly the scaly type, she certainly seems as fierce as a dragon.
Neon Nail Laquer with Hardeners, Flying Dragon #1011, $6.50 from drugstore.com
3. Paint your nails a color called “Flying Dragon.” And why not? It’s got the brooding darkness to go with your winter wardrobe just a touch of regalia. We dig it!
Dragon Tankard, from Etsy
4. Guzzle from a mighty stein with a dragon upon it. Just like medieval times! Well, probably not. But this courageous mug certainly beats a red Solo cup, methinks.
Pete’s Dragon, from Amazon
5. Watch a dragon-themed movie. I swear, until someone donated a copy of the Pete’s Dragon soundtrack to a shop where I worked in college, I was beginning to think my sister and I had invented the movie together through fake memories. Also acceptable dragon films: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story and Dragonball: Evolution.
Are you ready for the Year of the Dragon? Were you born in a dragon year?