Hello, Lovelies! Instead of leading you off with the itchy-back poster for Mark Wahlberg’s new movie Contraband, I figured you might like a GIF. I much prefer Marky Mark in funny movies like The Other Guys, I Heart Huckabees or The Happening. For you film fanatics out there, here’s what coming at you this weekend in theaters and all the movie news from this past week. I love movies and movie opinions! Let’s DISCUSS! Within: new photos from The Dark Knight Rises, what Katniss Everdeen will be doing on January 24th and the new trailer for Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom. First, Mark and Kate Beckinsale’s harrowing smuggling tale hopes to welcome you to the weekend…
NEW IN THEATERS! OUT TODAY
- Contraband, 1h 50m, R. There’s something about a brother-in-law and fake money and bad guys and action and oh so much Marky Mark. Say hello to your motha for me!
- Joyful Noise, 1h 57m, PG-13. Check it: Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah. So much sass!
- Beauty and the Beast 3D, 1h 24m, G. One of the best Disney movies is getting the 3D treatment – but 3D makes me dizzy and I tend to get headaches, so I think I’m not going to take a chance and experience it. Will you?
Isn’t it weird that there are no scary movies opening on Friday the 13th? The Devil Inside totally released too early!
ALL THE MOVIE NEWS THAT’S FIT TO PRINT!
- Generally, January is a sort of ‘dumping ground’ for movies since those that want to qualify for the Oscar race have to be released before December 31st and this time period tends to be too early to be remembered for next year’s awards. Whatever, I’m still STOKED for Haywire. Here’s a list of the worst January releases, according to The Atlantic. [via The Atlantic]
- Speaking of Oscars, the nominations are being announced on January 24th – less than two weeks! Today is actually the final voting day for nominations. The lovely Jennifer Lawrence (you know, KATNISS) will be presenting the nominees! IS ANYBODY AS EXCITED AS I AM?! I’ll be sure to keep you apprised of the nominees and my thoughts come that Tuesday. [via The Film Experience]
- Here’s a new photo of Tom Hardy as Bane in the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises! He looks kind of pained, doesn’t he? Did Bruce just give him some bad news? Two more photos at the link! [via Entertainment Weekly]
- Here’s a trailer for Wes Anderson‘s hotly anticipated new movie; I’m not sure how I could have left Moonrise Kingdom – which stars Ed Norton (where has he been?!), Tilda Swinton (!!!), Frances McDormand, Bruce Willis, Jason Schwartzman, and Anderson favorite Bill Murray – off my 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2012 list! It looks true to Anderson form like The Royal Tenenbaums and The Darjeeling Limited. What do you think:
What’s your favorite Anderson movie? Plan on seeing any movies this weekend, Lovelies? Any other movie news you’re talking about this week? Get at me!