Sometimes I have a lot of time on my hands and my mind begins to wonder: why would Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling ever break up? Who thought Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher would last as long as they did? That Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz marriage really came out of left field! Does George Clooneydate the women he does because he promised himself he would never get married again? See? Fruitless brain endeavors. And to go along with these completely inane thoughts, I conjure up celebrity couples of my own. Check them out and please share your own (I can’t be the only deludanoid out there, right?! …Right?) after the cut.
1. Rooney Mara and Michael Fassbender. These two probably both had the most ‘method’ performances of the year, with both of them also going full frontal for the occasion (see: Shame, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). They may be too devoted to their craft to get into relationships (he apparently dated Zoe Kravitz for a few months during/after filming X-Men: First Class), but they’d probably look great strutting down red carpets together. This year has garnered much acclaim for Fassbender in the four films he’s starred in, and though Rooney’s film has yet to debut — she’s the embodiment of ‘It Girl’ this year with Vogue and W covers. I’m hoping they both get Oscar nods so perhaps they get a chance to meet on the red carpet, or one of those after parties, or perhaps stumble into each other at an awards luncheon?
2. Zoe Saldana and Leonardo DiCaprio. Leo is one of those actors who always seems to be dating a beautiful model — from Gisele Bundchen to Bar Rafaeli. Dominican-Puerto Rican Zoe just broke up from a longtime engagement and has a elementary school-age daughter she takes care of between kicking butt on screen in movies like Star Trek and Colombiana. His career continues to grow strong, and her star keeps ascending. Plus, they both know what it’s like to work with James Cameron on big-budget successes — as in, Titanic and Avatar. They should work together in Cameron’s next film, where a romance between the three-letter-named stars is bound to happen!
3. Mila Kunis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Mila made her name on the TV series That ’70s Show and dated Macaulay Culkin for something like six years in the 2000s; she’s at the height of her career with turns in award-winning movies like Black Swan and box office hits like Friends with Benefits. Joe, as he is affectionately known on his website, also made his name as a child star on the TV series 3rd Rock from the Sun; then he grew up and starred in such fare as 10 Things I Hate About You and (500) Days of Summer (he likes numbers?). They are both endearing, adorable and can turn on the sexy if needed. They have a shared career background in terms of going from TV to feature films, and they’d make one stylish duo. Am I right?
4. Kristen Wiig and George Clooney. I’m not saying forever-bachelor George should get married. If he doesn’t want to, he doesn’t want to — and who really cares? But the guy has buckets and buckets of charisma (there’s a phrase, huh?) and his girlfriends tend to be little more than arm candy on the red carpet. These days he’s dating Dancing with the Stars alum Stacy Keibler, but when I think of someone who has equal charisma in TV interviews and acting, I keep thinking of Kristen Wiig. George’s on-set pranks are legendary, and I believe Kristen might be the person to equal out all those shenanigans. You know, in my head.
5. Sandra Bullock and Alexander Skarsgaard. Yes, True Blood‘s Alexander is a lot younger than Sandra — but let’s not forget she dated Ryan Gosling for a while there, who’s even younger than the TV vampire. Plus, Ryan Reynolds her romantic interest in The Proposal, is also 35-years-old. Sandra got out of that very bad, no good marriage — and based solely on the rumors that Alexander wanted to settle down with Kate Bosworth and she did not — I think these two would make a great pair. She still loves her Southern home in Austin, and he’s spent tons of time in the South working on True Blood. In interviews he always seems so down-to-earth and the opposite of his vampire character; and don’t we all love Sandy? It may be slightly opposites-attract, but you know it would be interesting to see them together!
What do you think, Lovelies? Do you couple up celebrities in your head? (Besides pairing yourself with Ryan Gosling, I mean!) Who do you imagine James Franco dating? Emma Stone? What about Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson now that they’re not dating each other?