We recently posts news that cake can make us furry–yes, you read that right, so it should come as no shock that we got some interesting responses. The idea that such a food favorite could have some pretty hairy effects on our bodies was something that a lot of us were pretty intrigued by–and rightfully so. This is cake we’re talking about. Think about birthdays! Since a lot of us have cake what are we supposed to do? Ask for razors and trimmers as gifts?! It’s Craziness. But amid all the chaos that this revelation caused, one of our reader’s had a genius idea.
Maybe we should work on changing the body’s response so it would go to something more useful, like making the booty get some extra bounce. Hahaa
Which got us thinking. Granted, we obviously can’t make our body work differently, but what if we could? What if we could take some of our favorite comfort foods, and make them do awesome things for us–instead of count calories and worry if we should even indulge. Then, we’d not only want to eat them, but better yet, feel no guilt in eating them all the time. And they say you can’t have your cake and eat it too.
1. Chocolate. For all you chocoholic’s out there, this one is for you. Imagine a time where you could unwrap a Hershey’s bar, and with each bite you take, watch your day get better and better. OK, maybe it already feels that way for some of you–but we’re not talking about any day here, we’re talking about those bad hair days. What if, instead of worrying about your weight or cavities–it somehow made your hair not frizzy. Whether it’s the humidity or the cold, most of us are no strangers to those few pieces of hair that just won’t get it together–what if chocolate could be the solution to get back at your unruly hair? Ah, revenge really is sweet.
2. Ice Cream. There’s nothing like a couple scoops of ice cream to make you feel better. It seriously seems like it can be the remedy for almost anything. Celebrating doing well on an exam, mourning the loss of a relationship, or…getting clearer skin? Think about it. Wouldn’t it be great if the silky, smooth, texture of ice cream, could magically make those same traits apply to your face? With each spoonful you take, you’d watch as as zits, pimples, and sun spots disappeared. Wouldn’t that just put a cherry on top of your day.
3. Fast Food. How great would this be? Instead of the enemy, they’d be like the ultimate wing-men. Next time you were out at the bar, instead of maybe second-guessing eating those fries and burgers, or counting calories, you’d finally indulge and count the numbers you got instead. The opportunities could be endless. You could go to places like Taco Bell and Burger King, pick up some food, and not even have to worry about your outfit–the food would do the talking for you. You really would be able to have it your way.
4. Sweets and Snacks. Whether your weakness is a bag of Twizzlers, or a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, chances are there are days you wish you could eat them all the time. Well what if time was something you could control? What if, on those days where it just doesn’t feel like there’s enough hours in the day, with each piece of candy or chip you pop in your mouth, you got an extra minute? Time to run that errand, cram for that test, finish that paper, or I don’t know, maybe breathe? Enough time to get things done, wouldn’t that be a treat?
5. Wine. We all know that alcohol can sometimes cause loose lips can sink ships. You know, those times you say something, that sober you probably never would? Well, what if instead of wishing we would just stop talking–we could use it as a way to make that girl who won’t be quiet, seal her lips. You know her. The one who always has something to say about everything and everyone–and is never wrong. So instead of getting on edge every time she begins her rants, you could pour her a glass and not have to worry. Talk about un-Wine-ding.
What are your favorite comfort foods? If you could make them do anything, what would it be?