About a year ago, I made my first attempt at nail art: basic animal print. It’s so simple and people comment all the time, asking if they’re decals. You can do this pattern with almost any color combination and it’s easy to get super creative with it (like the above photo). Shall we?
You will need:
- A base color – I used Sinful Colors “Fashion Neon”
- A “spot” color – I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri “Whirlwind White”
- Black polish / black nail art pen / paint brush
- Top coat – I religiously use the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat
1. Apply two coats of your base color and let dry completely.
2. After your base coat dries, paint random splotches all over your nails. They don’t need to be the same size, and they can be as big or as small as you like. They should look something like this.
3. Edge the splotches with black nail polish. I personally prefer to use a black nail art pen, but you can also use a very small paint brush, depending on your skill level. You don’t have to line the edges in a complete circle, you want them to be broken up. I also add some black splotches in-between to give a more realistic look.
4. Make sure to let them dry completely before hitting them with a top coat, and you’re done!
What would you guys like to learn how to do next? Galaxy nails? Minions fromDespicable Me? Floral print?