I consider myself an Anne Hathaway fan. I might not be a crazy fan that bought a black and white cat and named it Fat Louie, but I’m a big enough fan to know where the reference comes from — are you? I also might use a great many quotes from Devil Wears Prada (my favorite being the “gird your loins” one from Nigel in the beginning) but I can’t quote the movie word-for-word as I watch it like some crazy fans that I know –not that I’m pointing any fingers.
So, imagine my surprise when I found out that not only is she dating someone that I had never heard of, but she’s engaged to get married to him, as well. For those of you who would like to know a little bit more about Hathaway’s mystery man, here are some fun facts about Adam Schulman.
1. Shulman graduated from Brown with a B.A. in theater in 2003.
2. He’s on IMDB for past involvement in four different projects, all minor roles from shortly after he graduated college.
3. His longest acting job was on American Dreams, where he played Paul O’Bannon in 2005, right before the show was cancelled. He also appeared in the Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning TV movie. The video above is a trailer for it where Shulman appears briefly at 0:20 as the officer known as Enos.
4. Hathaway and Shulman are both native New Yorkers.
5. Now he’s a jewelry designer. He recently co-launched a line of butterfly pendants. He said that he was inspired to begin the line after crafting several pieces for Hathaway. His jewelry design company is called James Banks, after his grandfather who used to make jewelry for his grandmother. The jewelry costs anywhere from $660 to $1100 [Via AHALife]
6. They met through mutual friends and dated for three years before he proposed.
7. He got caught smoking pot (say that five times fast) on camera. Shulman was in a car in West Hollywood when paps caught this gem of him lighting a pipe.
There are seven things that you may or may not have known about Adam Shulman. I hope it was enlightening.
I’m not completely sure how I missed this entire relationship, but cheers to the engaged couple!
What do you think of Shulman and Hathaway’s engagement? Did you see it coming? What do you think of Adam Shulman in general?