Sequins have been amping up the glam in almost everything fashion-related from clutches to sweaters to shoes and just in time for the holiday season and New Years. Sequins are bright but can easily be overdone, so here are ways you can rock sequins without blinding everyone!
Black Sequin Clutch, $44.00 from White House
1. Clutch. Carrying a sequined clutch is a subtle way of adding some sparkle to your outfit without over doing it. Since it’s an accessory it will be just the right touch of glamor for a night out. You can also match it with some sparkly heels or jewelry pieces like a large ring or dangle earrings.
2 Lips Too Too Haughty Pump – Bronze, $39.95 from DSW
2. Heels. Shoes can make and complete any outfit and sequin pumps can definitely compliment your little black dress.
Colorful Sequin Mini Skirt, $24.80 from Forever 21
3. Short or skirt. Instead of wearing a full-on dress, you can always rock a colorful sequined skirt paired with a monochromatic top and some booties or pumps.
Ombre Sequin Stripe Scarf, $34.90 from The Limited
4. Scarf. If you’re looking for a way to bundle up, you can always add some pizazz to your outfit by wearing a sequined scarf which will compliment your wintery outfit without overpowering it.
Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer, Happy Birthday, 0.5 Ounce, $18.00 from Amazon
5. Nail Polish. If sequins are still too much for you, then you can always do a simple glam by swiping on a glittery or sequined nail polish for that pop of color and shimmer. Try Deborah Lippman’s Happy Birthday or OPI’s Mad As A Hatter.
With these fashionable touches of glitter, you can wear sequins without appearing tacky — and your friends will appreciate that you didn’t burn their eye sockets clean with your dress.
How do you Lovelies rock sequins?