This is the time of year where I stop making purchases for myself and think solely of my friends and family in the countdown to the holiday gift-giving. Truly, my favorite part of the holidays is the presence of my loved ones and enjoying holiday cheer together! However, while I stop buying things for myself during this time, that doesn’t mean I stop looking. Check out what I’ve been dropping some serious hints about to my close ones and what I hope to own soon!
Striped snowfall sweater, $85.00 from Madewell
1. A warm, striped sweater. There’s nothing like celebrating the holidays and winter cold with a comfy sweater. I’m partial to stripes and this Madewell angora one looks so soft! I find myself drawn to this gold and navy combo lately. True story: In 7th grade I wanted a Gap rainbow-striped sweater so badly, it was the only thing on my list. My parents and aunt searched everywhere for the much-sought-after sweater until they found it for me. I still wear it every single December 25th! (It’s starting to get a bit small, that’s for sure!)
The Secret in Their Eyes [Blu-ray], $28.99 from Amazon
2. A compelling film on DVD. Another good thing to do in the winter? Stay inside and watch movies! If you couldn’t tell yet, I’m somewhat of a film fanatic. I saw this movie, The Secret in Their Eyes, last year after it won Best Foreign Film at the Academy Awards. It’s an Argentinian thriller that is awe-inducing in its filming and story. It also has one of the most shocking endings I’ve ever seen. I want it in blu-ray to get the full impact of the visuals, including an action-packed long shot in a soccer stadium (seriously, I’ve never seen anything like it).
Rebecca Minkoff Cheetah iPhone Case, $38.00 from Nordstrom
3. A stylin’ iPhone case. Things marketers can get me with: The phrase “cheetah print.” Oh, that blouse is leopard print? Yawn. Wait, cheetah print?? Yes, I’ll take it. My brain doesn’t always function rationally but I gravitate to cheetah. I keep thinking I should decorate my iPhone as a proper accessory, as part of my style, rather than just keep it caseless. Plus, cases are practical — something my aforementioned irrationality could use.
Got a Feline Dress, $94.99 from ModCloth
4. A fun dress. Yes, those are cats. It might surprise you to know that if I were to get this dress, it would not be the first piece of cat-printed clothing I own, nor the second. I have another dress and a blouse in different cat-prints. I was pretty ecstatic a few years ago when Miu Miu started showing cat-printed clothing on the runways, because I knew that high fashion trickle down effect would mean cat-printed pieces I could afford! I love cats and you can call me a crazy cat lady if you feel like it, but I embrace my lurve of kitties. Oh, would you like to see my own? Well, tough, here is my cat Pee Wee (he occasionally helps me write):
House of Harlow 1960 Gold-Plated Antler Bangle Bracelet, $95.00 from Amazon
5. A start to my future bangle collection. Um, do you see this bracelet? It’s antlers. Gold antlers. I’ve never been much of a jewelry girl, but for some reason I’ve been wanting to decorate myself with bangles this year. Nicole Richie‘s House of Harlow line is fabulous, and this bracelet is on the top of my list. Plus, if you couldn’t tell yet, I like wearing conversation starters!
What do you think, Lovelies? Any movies or fun-print apparel or accessories you’re coveting on your wishlist? Share and copy links! I love adding to the personal closet I have in my head.