To most of those located in the Northeast, happy Snowtober 2011! To commemorate this exciting event, I’ve compiled a list of five reasons why we should love snow even when interrupts our Halloweekend.
1. It’s pretty. The first snowfall is always the prettiest to me because I forget how nice it is to look outside the window and just stare at the cascading flakes.
2. You can make snow angels. Even when there isn’t enough snow to make a legible snow angel, it’s still fun to lay down on the ground and try.
3. It’s an excuse not to leave your dorm/house. I can tell my friend that I know we were supposed to go to the library this afternoon, but it’s too cold and we should just talk about our assignment via Skype instead.
4. You get to break out your cute winter jackets, scarves, boots, and gloves. When I do have to leave my dorm later, I can show off my winter clothing that everyone (including myself) forgot I owned when I put into storage.
5. It’s a reason to light a fire and break out the hot chocolate. It’s officially the season to curl up on the couch under a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate while a fire warms the room. This is what I call a perfect movie moment.
Now I know we didn’t have a huge blizzard to warrant any of these rituals, but our baby snowstorm still put me in the mood to do them, even if it is a month or two earlier than I normally would.
What do you love about the snow? Or do you even love it at all?