1. She balances a successful career and a family. In 2003, she got hitched to my comedian crush, Will Arnett. They’re perfectly adorable and I can only hope to have that kind of effortless love with someone in my life.
2. Amy first showed us her funny bone with the infamous comedy troupe Upright Citizens Brigade. From there, she joined the cast of Saturday Night Live, where she played a variety of hilarious characters that really put her in the spotlight. Since, she’s appeared in some of my favorite movies like Mean Girls . Today, Amy stars on NBC’s uproarious Parks and Recreation — which if you don’t watch it already, you should definitely start.
3. She became successful by being herself. The public didn’t really know who she was for a while and it took her a few tries in the industry to get her name out there. This inspires me to constantly push myself to make it to the top, just like she did.
4. Amy paved the way for other female comedians, like Melissa McCarthy who won outstanding leading actress in a comedy series at this year’s Emmy’s. She also changed how female comedians are perceived. These women can be beautiful and hilarious at the same time, like Chelsea Handler, who is also becoming very successful in her comedy shows and her late-night hit Chelsey Lately on E!
5. Has the cutest style, inside and out. She dresses very casual and feminine which I can relate to. I love her combinations of comfort and style, but she can also rev it up a bit for award shows, like the Emmy Awards in 2009 where she was styled in a floor length, fitted silk gown.
7. Amy seems very down to earth and makes everything a little simpler by laughing, which really inspires me. She has built her own empire by being herself and never giving up. With that, she is becoming very successful at her craft. I can only hope to reach this balance of career success and happiness in life, and that is why she is my role model.
Lovelies, who do you admire? Does any celebrity or public figure inspire you?