Why stop at dressing our babies in terrifying costumes for Halloween? This splendid holiday calls for us to force things that can’t object into hilarious little outfits for our own enjoyment. It’s called BEING FESTIVE. See our picks after the jump. Full disclosure, though: We’re not entirely sure all of these offerings come designed with potty-breaks in mind.
1. Giraffe So, I’m not sure about you, but I was like, really super pissed to find that Geico was totally pulling our leg with that whole “there are tiny giraffes and they exist and stuff” prank. They even made an ordering page for them! The cruelty. Anyway, now you can take out your disappointment on your dog and dress him as you wish he existed the other 364 days of the year.
2. Smurf If Katy Perry can do it, why can’t Fido? The polar fleece composition of this ensemble makes it a smart pick for Yankee canines. It only comes in tiny sizes which makes sense because it represents a Smurf. And those are small, too. Get committed to the rouse, guys!
3. Bad Nina in Black Swan A perfect ensemble for the not-psycho-just-super-dedicated canine on your block!
4. Yuppie The secret knitting technique this seller uses actually coaxes dogs into developing a taste for espresso, Ira Glass and Whole Foods. Just kidding, we like those things, too. And another just kidding: This is probably just an everyday sweater.
5. Peas in a pod or a caterpillar Either way, it’s working.
7. Rasta/reggae aficionado Pass the doggie on the left-hand side. How they make his eyes look like that?
8. Emily from Corpse Bride Note the detail in the matching headband. Also note how this photo apparently comes from the future. Talk about fashion-forward!
9. Harry Potter It’s much more complex than the other costume choices, but sacrifices must be made to be a wizard, correct?
10. Black cat A common pick for human costumes, but not so much on the pet attire landscape. Also, likely one of the meanest costumes you can cram your pup into.
Have you ever dressed your dog for Halloween? What costume did you use? Was in part of a couple-costume with you or another dog?