I was shocked when I came across Eat This, Not That‘s list of 30 healthy foods that, well, aren’t that healthy.
I own several of the Eat This, Not That books ($19.99 from Amazon) and also follow them on Twitter (@EatThisNotThat). I read through this whole list, found of Men’s Health, with a horrified, sick feeling. I’ve eaten or tried several of these foods while out at a restaurant, and, at the time, thought I was making the right choice! Apparently…I was wrong! The Pop Secret Kettle Corn, above, seemed like a decent choice compared to super buttery popcorn. Unfortunately, it’s loaded with trans fat.
2) Arizona Tea Herbal RX (300 calories, 73 grams sugar)
3) Jamba Juice Ideal Meal Chunky Strawberry (590 calories, 55 grams sugar)
4) Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Muffin (650 calories)
5) Arby’s Market Fresh Roast Turkey and Swiss Sandwich (710 calories, 1, 680 mg sodium)
6) P.F Chang’s Chicken Noodle Soup (759 calories, 4,135 mg sodium)
7) Olive Garden Grilled Shrimp Caprese (990 calories, 3,490 mg sodium)
Blimpie Special Vegetarian Sandwich (1,186 calories, 3,532 mg sodium)
Want to read the entire list of “healthy” foods? Click here.
Are you shocked at the calorie/sugar/sodium content of any of these foods? Do you try to stay healthy when you go out to dinner?