Princeton Review has just released their list of America’s top party schools, and unsurprisingly, a school that’s set in the middle of nowhere is on top: Ohio University, which is located in Athens, Ohio (Where? Exactly).
Among the top ten are University of Georgia, in Athens, Ga. (coincidence?), University of Iowa, Penn State, University of Florida, and UT Austin.
UC Santa Barbara comes in at number five, which doesn’t surprise me at all. I spent a Halloween weekend there once, and let’s just say I woke up with a bloody knee, several bruises, and absolutely no memory of how it happened. I had to depend on a few pictures and my friends stories to help piece the mystery together. Still, all I really have is tainted memory of thousands of beautiful half naked people running around in awesome costumes, celebrating youth, drinking heavily, and a lot of cops on horses (how I didn’t get arrested for extreme public intoxication is beyond me). Ah, good times.
Here is the list in order:
1. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
2. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
3. University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
4. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
5. University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
6. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W. Va.
7. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
8. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
9. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
10. University of Texas, Austin, Texas
11. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
12. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
13. Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, La.
14. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
15. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
16. Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
17. Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
18. University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
19. University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
20. University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
Did your school make the list?