Like many other people in the world, I have a bucket list. As a teenager, I wrote down all of the things I wanted to accomplish (many of which I have already done or are close to doing) so I’ve decided to revamp. My list doesn’t include the typical “jump out of an airplane” or “climb Mount Everest.” Here are the top 10off the beaten path things I have on my bucket list.
1. Swim with sharks, again. My boyfriend convinced me to do this the first time, and I have to admit, I was never so scared in my life. But once I was underwater, I had the most peaceful feeling. Above is a picture of the actual shark tank I dove in.
2. Live for one month without any electronics, modern devices. I am a sucker for any new electronic item. I am so in love with my Tivo and smartphone, yet I always wonder what life would be like without those things. Living the simple life, if only for a short while, would be amazing.
3. Write a book. This one is a little cliche, as I have seen it on many bucket lists. However, this one means something special to me. I have had two story ideas in my head for the past five years and I just can’t seem to get them to work on paper.
4. Go to stunt school. I guess this is the tomboy in me coming out. I have always thought it would be awesome to go to stunt school. Imagine how it would feel learning how to properly jump out of building, race a car and shoot a gun.
5. Learn how to cook well. My mother is an amazing cook and for some reason, I have never asked her how to teach me. If I could learn how to cook a spicy fajita or delectable italian dish like her one day, I would be satisfied.
6. Visit every Disneyland park in the world. I am admittedly a Disney freak and have gone to Disney World in Orlando, Florida, more times than I can remember. However, I desperately want to visit every Disney theme park in the world. Tokyo and Paris, here I come.
7. Do location scouting for a movie. I have been interested in movies for as long as I can remember. I don’t want to act in a film, direct one or even write one, I just want to scout the locations they’re going to film at. Location scouting is such an integral part of a film’s story and I would love to be a part of it.
8. Surprise someone by being fluent in another language. I tried for years in high school to learn to speak Spanish fluently, but now I can only read the language. How awesome would it be to totally knock someone off their feet and just fluently start speaking a completely new language?
9. Give blood. While I want to be able to do this to potentially help another person, doing this would also help me combat one of my phobias. For my entire life I have had an extreme aversion to needles. Being able to conquer that fear while doing a good deed at the same time would be magnificent.
10. Retrace my ancestors’ steps in London. My mother’s side came from Liverpool, and I have always wanted to go there. I hope to be able to retrace my ancestors’ steps overseas one day.
So tell me, Lovelies: What is on your bucket list?