Lemon juice! Whether it comes from a freshly squeezed citrus fruit (fancy!) or just one of those little plastic lemon shaped containers (raises hand), this all-natural acid can do some splenderific things around the house. So when life hands you lemons, make this stuff.
1. Add 3 tbsp. of lemon juice to your laundry to whiten clothes.
2. Mix together 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 2 tbsp. vinegar, and 1 cup water for a fruit and veggie wash that will clean all the yucky germs off your salad ingredients.
3. Highlight your hair. Mix the juice of one lemon with one teaspoon of salt and apply to your hair with a comb. Get out into the sun for a couple of hours. The thought of this would scare the crap out of me, but if you’re braver with your hair than I am, let me know how it goes.
4. Gargle with lemon juice to get rid of bad breath. OH GOD THOUGH, THAT CANNOT TASTE GOOD
5. Remove stains from Tupperware. I mean, this NEVER happens to my Tupperware, which is always sparkling. Ok, false, my stuff is pretty gross. To fix, Squeeze lemon juice in the container and then add baking soda. Let sit overnight.
6. Get ink stains out of clothing. While ink is wet, apply lemon juice to the stain, then wash the garment in normal cycle with regular detergent in cold water.
7. Make invisible ink! SCIENCE TIME: Use a Q-tip as a pen to write in lemon juice on a piece of white paper. Once it dries, hold the paper near a hot light bulb. The writing will turn brown. COOL. Going to try this when I get home at the office immediately.
8. Eliminate blackheads. Rub lemon juice on blackheads before bed, and rinse off in the morning with cool water. Just like Biore!
9. To remove fruit and berry stains from your hands, rinse with lemon juice. I’m guess this might work for garlic and onion odors, too?
10. For a terrific, natural all-purpose cleaner, mix equal amounts lemon juice and water in a spray bottle.