To be honest, I can’t dance at all. The most I ever do in public is sway in place, bob my head or tap my foot. My idea of dancing consists of all basic rock concert crowd moves. I have like zero rhythm, but when no one is around, I crank up the speakers on my laptop and I have a dance party of one in my living room. My taste in music ranges and sometimes I can’t stay on one song, but these are a few songs that can get me moving in place without looking like a fool.
1. Cobra Starship‘s new single “You Make Me Feel,” featuring Sabi really makes me feel like getting out of my seat and dancing my butt off.
You Make Me Feel…(Feat. Sabi), from Amazon
2. “Til The End of the World,” is the perfect Britney Spears dance track for a party of one or one hundred.
Till The World Ends, from Amazon
3. Many might not know about British pop singer Ellie Goulding, but this Tonka remix of her song “Guns and Horses,” really has me moving in my seat.
Guns And Horses, from Amazon
4. Passion Pit’s “Sleepyhead” isn’t really much of legit dancing music but it has me swaying for a person with no rhythm, I’ll count that as dancing.
Chunk of Change, from Amazon
5. I don’t listen much to Kid Cudi (though I’ve heard nothing but good things about his music from friends) but this Steve Aoki featuring MGMT and Ratatat remix of his song “Pursuit of Happiness” has me singing along while bobbing along and tapping my foot.
Pursuit Of Happiness (Nightmare) [Explicit], from Amazon
5. Another many might know, Welsh singer Marina & the Diamonds, has such an infectious voice and this Passion Pit remix of her song “I Am Not a Robot,” has me not only singing along but also shaking my hips, just a little.
I Am Not A Robot Flex’d Rework [Passion Pit Remix], from Amazon
6. We all know Lady Gaga, whether we like her or not she’s just there. Even though her song “Telephone,” featuring Beyoncé is pretty upbeat, I prefer this Alphabeat remix. It just gets me moving more.
Telephone (Alphabeat Extended Remix), from Amazon
7. It seems that I have quite a few artists on this list that many people might not know. “ADD SUV,” by Uffie featuring Pharrell Williams (who most of us would know from N.E.R.D or more recently those Revlon commercials with Jessica Biel) is one of the more mellow songs on my list. Like Passion Pit it isn’t much of a traditional dance track but it does have my head bobbing along to the beat.
Add SUV (Feat. Pharrell Williams) [Explicit], from Amazon
8. Some might know “I Want You,” this Fefe Dobson track from the Drew Barrymore directorial debut, Whip It, soundtrack. It’s young, fun, and the message can be shared by a few of us.
I Want You, from Amazon
9. I can’t deny that I listen to Ke$ha, there, I said it! “Take It Off,” has pretty damn enjoyable music, not going there with the lyrics, but at least it’ll have everyone dancing, whether they want to or not.
Take It Off, from Amazon
10. I’ve known about LMFAO since the days where Myspace was popular, but I just recently heard their song “Party Rock Anthem” and now it’s everywhere! It’s just one of those songs that demands you to move and you might not even realize that you are moving until it’s almost over.
Party Rock Anthem, from Amazon
These are just a few of my favorite dance or get me moving songs. What are some of yours?