We told you earlier that Victoria Beckham gave birth to a baby girl, Harper Seven Beckham. While many of you fell in love with the little girl’s first name, we were all wondering how in the world Posh and Becks came up with the idea to use a number as a middle name. Well, the meanings (yes, there are several) have been revealed.
1. Seven is a lucky number. What parents don’t want their kids to have all the luck in the world?
2. Seven is a spiritual number. David grew up going to church every week with his family, and describes himself as “half-Jewish.”
3. She was born in the seventh hour of the seventh month. Okay, that was kind of obvious.
4. Harper weighed in at 7lbs and 10 ounces. I think the universe was trying to tell them something.
Last but not least,
5. Seven was David’s jersey number for Manchester United and the English national team.
As for Harper, it’s an old English name that Victoria has always loved.
Now that you know the meaning behind the name, do you like it better, Lovelies? [via People]