C’mon, part of you wants to know who makes the most money in Hollywood by cuddling up to hot guys on camera for a living. I don’t blame you. There are so many movies coming out every few weeks — how are we to know who’s in demand and who isn’t?
It seems like many actresses have phases: they’re laying low, and then all of a sudden they’re in every movie that’s out (think Lindsay Lohan, post Mean Girls, and Natalie Portman, post Black Swan). So who’s making the most money in Hollywood? Lucky for us, Forbes made a list.
5. Julia Roberts ($20 Million). Obviously she’s still the bomb, even if Eat, Pray, Love and Larry Crowne were relative flops (okay, Larry Crowne may not be a flop yet and I’ll probably see it anyway because I love Julia Roberts). The thing is, the woman knows she can command a screen and attract all eyes, even if she’s not as young as she was back in her Richard Gere heyday.
4. Reese Witherspoon ($28 Million). Okay, so How Do You Know flopped and didn’t bring in nearly as much as it cost to make. Whatever. Reese is still a lovely leading lady and has a new movie, This Means War, set to come out in 2012. Come on, she’s the face of romantic comedies, what else did you expect?
3. Jennifer Aniston ($28 Million). Just Go With It turned out to rock the box office, so Aniston’s back in the big leagues. Who knows what Horrible Bosses will bring, except Jennifer Aniston looking really hot as a brunette.
2. Sarah Jessica Parker ($30 Million). Clearly the Carrie Bradshaw era has not died. With the Sex and the City movies doing well in the box offices (even if they were total flops…that’s up to you to decide, though, Lovelies) and reruns on HBO all the time (hello post-breakup television time), SJP is still raking in the money from her leading roles as star and producer. As if the Sex and the City name isn’t enough, SJP is also benefiting from her very successful line of perfumes (Lovely, Covet and NYC are some of them). Even the people that argue she looks like a horse…she’s raking in the dough, big time.
1. Angelina Jolie ($30 Million). Oh, did that surprise you? Nope. This leading lady is a hit in America and overseas (apparently The Tourist was super successful abroad) and is pretty much the face of female action stars. Seriously, though, when’s the last time you’ve seen her in a RomCom? She literally is the woman in Hollywood for action movies (except maybe Cameron Diaz in Knight and Day, but I didn’t see it).
Rounding out the list from spots 6-10 were Kristen Stewart, Katherine Heigl, Cameron Diaz, Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep.
Lovelies, what do you think of the list? Are there any leading ladies you wish got more Hollywood recognition?