1. The Secret Life of the American Teenager. I don’t know what it is about this show, but I sit there watching it and say to myself repeatedly, “People don’t talk like that!” “This would never actually happen!” (related: what was with that one episode when everyone knew about Amy’s dad vasectomy? Get real!) But yet, I just can’t stop watching, and I guess I am not alone because the series is already in their fourth season.
2. Keeping Up with the Kardashians. This show is so fake it’s painful. Real life issues do not get wrapped up so nicely in the way they do at the end of each of these episodes. Although this family does have some funny moments, it is definitely not the best show on TV.
3. Ice Loves Coco. This show aired on E! a few weeks ago and the network has been jamming it down my throat every time I turned on their channel since. Although I do think they’re a cute couple, there show is clearly scripted (as almost all reality shows are today) and I can’t decide why I keep watching.
4. The World According to Paris. I watched an entire episode of this show the other night about how Paris thought she was pregnant, when I know all too well that we would have already heard about it if she actually was. Yet, I could not turn away. An hour passed by before I realized what had happened.
5. The Real Housewives of New York City. I started watching this show is high ,which was strange, because the women featured on these “real housewives” shows are all mothers and much older than myself. Yet, I have been watching ever since. Despite me wanting to smack them every episode (Yes, I am talking to you Countess LuAnn) for their sheer lack of common sense, they’re still entertaining.
Tell me, Lovelies: What bad TV shows can you just not stop watching?