1. I had my first ever tennis lesson from my (very patient) friend TJ, who grew up playing and teaching tennis. She taught me forehand (pretty easy!), backhand (harder), and how to serve (so hard omg I sucked so bad). Tennis is fun, guys!
2. I spent a bunch of time outside in Connecticut, smelling fresh air and listening to the quiet. If you live in New York, you understand the beauty of this!
3. I went to a 4th of July party at this amazing Brooklyn apartment. The couple had a private rooftop, and for the Macy’s fireworks we climbed to the very top of the roof, took in the sunset and then watched the show unfold right in front of us while enjoying the breeze and drinking beer. I’ll seriously never forget last night.
4. After the fireworks, I made it to Union Pool to see my friend’s band play, even though I was exhausted.
5. I reflected on my first year in New York (July 1 was my one-year NYC-aversary!) and felt really settled and proud for all that I’ve done here, and grateful for the people I’ve met who are now dear to me.
What did you do this weekend?