The money, fame and fortune may be all well and good, but you couldn’t pay me enough to put up with some of the things celebs face on a constant basis. Check out my list of the top 5 reasons why it would suck to be famous.
1. No privacy. I can’t imagine what it feels like to never be able to be anonymous. Oh, so you decided to straddle your boyfriend on a beach? No biggie, except everyone and their brother is going to see on the web tomorrow.
2. Paparazzi when you least want to see them. Can you image what it must feel like to always have to look good for cameras? Going to the bank? Yep, you better look good. Going to the grocery store? They find you there, too. They even catch you coming out of public restrooms (I can remember a few of those famous shots from Ms. Britney Spears, unfortunately). Gross.
3. You can’t trust anyone. Many of us regular folk find it hard to trust people, but it must be a million times harder for anyone who is famous. If you start dating someone new, you not only have to worry about all of the normal things, but you always have to consider, is this person with me only for the fame/money? It’s a scary thought.
4. Too much downtime. Some people may look at this as a positive thing, but celebrities, mostly actors, tend to work for months at a time and then have large stretches of time off. This is the reason I believe that many famous people fall victim to drugs, alcohol and other illegal activities.
5. Tabloid magazines. It’s like high school gossip on a grand level. People you don’t even know are reading possibly untrue things about your relationships and everyday life. It must be beyond weird!
If all that isn’t enough to convince you, take a look at the video below of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez getting mobbed. Yeah… that definitely does not look like a good time to me.
Tell me, Lovelies: What do you think would be the worst part about being famous?